Esthwaite Water is a varied fishery with deep basins and shallow
bays. It is a glacial lake set in the Silurian hills of the Lake
District. The lake is stocked regularly during the season.
• Bank, Row and Motor Boat fishing (own boat or hire).
• Tackle hire and large onsite tackle shop.
• Fly fishing tuition and guiding service.
• Onsite cafe
• Lake size 280 acres.
• Largest rainbow trout 16lb 3oz.
• Largest brown trout 12lb 8oz.
• Largest pike 39lb 8oz.
• North Basin from boats Fly Only.
• South Basin Any method i.e. fly, spinner, worm.
• Pike by deadbait and Lures.
• Main insect species chironomids, damsels and sedge.
• Main fry species: roach and perch.
• Fly only zone, in boat, in North basin March to October
to view and download a detailed
map of Esthwaite Water